Advertising On Twitter Do’s And Don’ts
Twitter continues to grow on a daily basis. With over 140 million active users, there is no doubt why it reigns as one of the most active social networks. Features have now been added to help businesses to promote their products and services on Twitter.
Brand pages was launched in December 2011 for business of all sizes, followed by Promoted Tweets and Promoted accounts in March 2012. The greatest advantage of using Twitter is that business are able to reach their target audiences faster in a more convenient way than other social networks.
Though Twitter looks simple to use, it is easy for one to get overwhelmed and make mistakes that can cause serious damage to your brand. So here are some Twitter Do’s and Don’ts for Businesses.
- Respond to Direct Messages and Mentions. It helps your audience know that you are real, interactive and accessible.
- Offer mixed content with video links, web links and images. This will keep your audience engaged.
- Create a balance between advertisements and promotion with conversations and useful information.
- Keep your followers interested by Retweeting information that they may find useful or entertaining.
- Keep your Twitter account interactive. A strictly promotional account management style can cause your followers to lose interest.
- Strategically engage followers who are in your target audience.
- Always provide feedback and redirect follower for further customer service.
- Monitor your followers’ activity and send you promotional tweets at the right time of day when they are most active.
- Connect with other businesses and organizations using Twitter.
- Follow real people that will benefit the most from your brand.
- Reflect your personality into your tweets with the use of slang and add a bit of humor.
- Try to talk to everyone and not just the big names.
- Don’t let your Twitter feed get clustered by following everyone who follows. You will have to be selective.
- Don’t ignore or avoid negative tweets. Respond to them in a professional manner. If you don’t want to discuss the issue on a public foru, offer to deal with the issue through email or a phone call
- Don’t SPAM your followers by sending automated direct messages to them.
- Don’t use too many hash tags. This can confuse and overwhelm your followers.
- Don’t let your account become solely an advertising account. You need to interact with your followers.
- Don’t tweet links only. You can lose followers and possibly not gain any new ones.
- Don’t respond to questions with a link. It will make your followers feel detached and unimportant
- Don’t just broadcast by relying on scheduled tweets. You have to stay engaged with your followers.
- Don’t abandon your Twitter account. Your followers want to know that their favorite brand is active and engaged.
- Don’t go overboard with self promotion. Social networking is not all about you. Acknowledge other people’s achievements with links and retweets.
- Don’t become too corporate and boring.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer