Seriously – Guest Blogging Sucks
In the post-Panda world of SEO, guest blog posting has emerged as one of the last ways to build decent quality links with any sort of scale. As a result, SEO’s are churning out guest blog posts at high volume. The thing is, guest blogging – for all of it’s benefits – is not fun. Not even a little bit. It’s hard work that requires creativity, organization, and persistence…and luck. In a word, guest blogging sucks.
1. Writing is hard. Almost all of us passed high school English, but that doesn’t mean almost all of us can be guest bloggers. Writing well takes practice and skill. Can you communicate your message concisely? Can you deliver your key points in a manner that’s obvious without being boring? Most importantly (at least in a professional sense), can you generate a good quality blog post in less than an hour? Unless you’re a professional writer, the answer to one of these questions is no…and that means writing is really hard for you.
2. Bloggers are picky. Most bloggers have a personal connection to their site. They’ve worked countless hours to build their blog into something they can be proud of, and the last thing they want is to publish a guest post they don’t like. Even if you write a flawless post about a fascinating topic, that’s no guarantee you can get your post placed on the blog of your choice. You may find yourself approaching half a dozen bloggers – or the same blogger half a dozen times – before placing your post. Fun, right?
3. It’s hard to be interesting. The last thing the world needs is another blog post that rehashes the same old topic. This means that you won’t be able to place a post on a good blog unless you offer something that’s original, useful, funny, controversial, etc.
4. Sometimes, no one cares. The second biggest letdown in guest blogging comes after working really hard on a post, getting it placed on a great site, and then coming to the realization that no one cares. Despite all your hard work, no one gives two shakes about your post. It gets no comments, no RT’s, and no “likes.” Bummer.
5. You expose yourself to criticism. If writing a blog post that no one cares about is the second worst letdown in guest blogging, finding yourself the target of dozens of critical comments has got to be number one. While it’s never a failure to write a guest post that gets people talking, it’s hard not to feel a little depressed when dozens of people you’ve never met criticize you. Granted, all this criticism means that you’re going to get some links (which is nice), but still, who wants to be called an idiot?
The bottom line: guest blogging sucks. It’s not easy and it’s not fun…but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth doing. For all the negatives, guest blogging is a great way to generate website traffic, build links, raise your company profile, and establish your credibility as an expert.
Still, it’s not a party. Good luck.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer