Zombie Paid Search: Your PPC Campaigns May Be Dead!
When was the last time you gave your PPC campaigns an audit? Don’t remember? Well, its probably time you glanced through them. Most of the time search marketers are busy looking at more creative ways to creative ways to build links that they don’t pay attention to their PPC campaigns.
Sometimes, this may not mean anything. Your campaigns may continue to perform well and for certain niches, they may even do better than the last time you checked them out. Most of the time however, your campaigns require constant watching and tweaking. Otherwise, you will soon see no ROI. This effectively means, you will be putting in more money than you are earning from the campaign. And nobody wants that!
So how do you know if you are losing money? These are generally very obvious red flags. Check your CPCs. Are they rising? And are your conversion rates falling behind? Do your ads have poor or no ranking? Are the quality scores for your keywords coming down? All these are indicators that you ought to revamp your campaign.
So how do you do it?
1. Start by removing the dead weight. Look at what keywords have done well for you in the past and which haven’t. Promote the well-performing keywords and get rid of the bad ones. Your campaign should not have any keyword which is not making you money. Split-testing of keywords is a useful technique you can use here.
2. Organize your campaigns. Most of the time, we put all our keywords in one Ad Group simply because it is easier than creating new groups and sorting keywords to be put into those groups. However, this is an important step as it helps organize your campaign. Not to mention all the valuable time you will save when you want to search and find the right keywords.
3. Use the right match types. This is probably the single biggest mistake you can do with your campaigns. If a keyword does not have the right match type attributed to it, then you are going to lose money. There’s no question about it. Make sure not all your keywords are in broad match and that you do have a large number of negative keywords as well. As soon as you keep finding out which keywords don’t work for you, add them to your negative keywords list.
4. Use diverse landing pages. If all the ads point to your homepage, then you are not taking full advantage of your PPC campaigns. Be sure to create appropriate Ad Groups, link them out to suitable ads and direct those ads to the right pages on your website. If your landing page is simply the home page, then your conversion rate is going to be lower.
5. Be more creative with the keywords. It is never a good idea to compete for top placements for an obvious placement, especially if your competitor has deep pockets. Think of overlooked niches within your site that you still have not capitalized on. Use Adwords’ query report to see what kind of searches are currently being directed to your ads and sees if you can find hidden opportunities there.
Follow these simple steps and you will give your PPC campaign a new lease of life which will in turn give you better returns on your investment.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer