Do Young CEO’s Have Their Pulse on SEO Strategy?
As a young CEO and one that has come of age during the computer era, having your pulse on how to best utilize search engine optimization (SEO) to your site’s advantage is critical.
Use SEO marketing the right way and you can drive significant amounts of traffic to your site. Use it the wrong way and you can not only be missing out on potential traffic, but your return on investment (ROI) can suffer as well.
With the year halfway in the record books, now is as good a time as any to review your SEO efforts, what has and has not been working, and what needs to be done to finish the second half of 2012 on the up side.
Starting out with the importance of SEO to your business, keep in mind that the bottom line with search engine optimization is that it allows you to better the ranking of your site when it comes to Internet search results.
The key here is ranking higher in organic search results, those results where Web sites rank in relevance to the search terms used to find them. Those Web sites that reach a strong organic ranking will most often take in more impressions and traffic, meaning users have more trust in them.
In order to most benefit from SEO, take under consideration:
* Targeted keywords – The targeted keywords you go after is critical to driving traffic to the site. Make sure the targeted keywords tie in to the products and/or services that your company has available. If you are running an insurance agency that sells auto insurance, some of the targeted keyword phrases you should be utilizing include auto insurance, auto insurance quotes, auto insurance premiums and auto insurance sales to name a few. Make sure you review the targeted keywords on a regular basis to see which ones are clicking, which ones are doing so-so, and which ones need an immediate change;
* Proper usage of keywords – Whether you are running content on your site or guest blogging on someone’s site regarding your company, make sure you use the proper amount of keywords. The one cardinal sin to stay away from is keyword stuffing. The key here is to use the targeted keywords anywhere from say one to three times throughout the post. Do not have every other sentence featuring a keyword to the point where you have stuffed the article full of keywords. Not only does it reek of spamming, but it also will not gain favorable reviews from the search engines;
* Use proper headings – Along with working targeted keywords into your copy, make sure you use sch terms with your headlines. Remember, headlines are the first thing that someone sees when they come to content on your page, so don’t waste the opportunity with headlines that have no relevancy to your keyword targeting;
* Tag imagery – If it is safe to assume that you have a decent amount of imagery on your site, those pictures need to have alt tags. The tags should have wording that relates to the photo and utilizes targeted keywords. As an example, if you have a picture of someone selling auto insurance on your site, do not label the photo “man selling something” rather tag it “auto insurance sales.” Remember, that was one of the targeted keyword terms mentioned earlier in this piece;
* Go far with your links – Make sure you are also deep linking with your content. That simply means linking the most useful content via the homepage and setting up links within your internal web pages. With deep links, you get ranked on search engine result pages, meaning your authority grows in this area. Deep links also expose consumers coming to your site to older content you have written, meaning they are more likely to spend added time on the site researching information on your business;
* Utilize off-site optimization – Lastly, you want to zero in on what is known as “off-page optimization.” The more sites that are linking back to your site, the better you are viewed by search engines. Among the best ways to achieve such optimization is through social media, directories, blog articles and more. I always encourage clients to link to shares, tweets and more of relevant sites so that you establish a relationship with others. In essence, you are taking part in online networking.
When all is said and done, there is much to learn about SEO, especially for those that are just getting their feet wet in the subject matter.
As a young CEO, you have plenty on your plate to keep you busy; having a dedicated person or team focused on SEO is critical in today’s Internet age, the same age that you have grown up in.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer