New Photoblogging Tips for SEO
Many say that photos are not ideal for SEO campaigns, but you want to put up a photo blog. You want to make money through your photos, but your friends tell you to forget it, since you’re not that popular. More than the money, you want to make a name out of your talent, but these people say that even SEO won’t be able to help you. Well, that was ten years ago.
A new decade has begun, and photoblogging isn’t as much of a risk if you’re considering PageRank and site stats. Of course, as a blogger, you want site visitors so you can fulfill your goals of starting a photo blog. If you’re still daunted by this reality, there’s nothing wrong with consulting your favorite search engine.
Examine the successful photoblogs on the Web. Why are there thousands of photoblogs that enjoy high rankings and even generate money in span of 8 months? The reason behind this is that even Google noticed the potential of photoblogs several years ago. So if you still doubt a photoblog’s capability of dominating a niche and generating realistic income, you can forget the idea of starting a photoblog. If you’re really passionate about the idea of photoblogging, though, I have some fresh SEO-photoblogging tips for you.
- Pay attention to the power of keywords and don’t waste time on keywords nobody uses.
- Choose a good domain name that’s related to your niche. Also, pick a niche–related blog name. It’s much better if your domain and blog share the same name, because this is one way of helping search engines crawl and index your site.
- Let your photos be the only artwork on your blog. Avoid using Flash animation and glittery gifs. You’re an artist and your posts are enough to show the world how creative you are. However, website aesthetics shouldn’t be neglected either.
- Don’t forget to include photo captions and related keywords, if necessary.
- Use descriptive keywords in your photos’ filenames, because search engines rely on filenames to find your blog post photos.
- Create a Flickr or Photobucket account. It’s easier to manage your file URL and details using these sites.
- Learn how to use Corel Draw or Adobe Photoshop. This may not be necessary if you avoid editing your photos as much as possible, but these programs can help you upgrade your blog background or header’s appearance through simple cropping and editing functions.
- Talk about your artwork. Write something about your photo, how you took it, and the story behind it. Write sensibly and passionately. Be creative and adventurous. Review photography books and other photoblogs, interview photographers, and do something new with your photos once in a while. Surprise your readers and give search engines something new to crawl on your site. More content means more keywords, and more sensible articles mean more readers and hits. Updating your blog regularly with new entries entices more readers and followers, and increases search engine indexing possibilities.
- Forget about spying on other photoblogs. Focus on your keyword competition rather than blog competition. Instead, link to these blogs, befriend their owners, and enjoy these people’s company. Comment on their blogs, and maintain a healthy relationship with these people.
- If you’re on a budget, use WordPress instead of Tumblr or other photoblogging-focused platforms. WordPress is still best when it comes to blogging, because the platform offers free, ready-to-use plugins that support your SEO campaigns.
- Avoid unnecessary links, because these can contribute to clutter. Let search engines focus on finding your blog post and content links.
- Avoid including non-related advertisements on your blog. This isn’t a problem for photobloggers with WordPress.com accounts, since the platform does not allow users to add advertisements to their sites.
- Add a professional About Page to your photoblog. Don’t forget to include your contact details, a brief self-description, and some facts that may boost your credibility as a photographer and a photoblogger.
- Create an SEO-friendly sitemap. Help your site visitors browse your website quickly and easily.
- Use social media to improve your promotion campaigns. Get an account on Twitter, Google Buzz, and Facebook. These sites are perfect for photo blogging.
- Track your site stats through Analytics and other similar tools. WordPress offers tracking parameters such as ‘phrases people click in search engines to find you’ and ‘people click on these sites to find you’ to help you figure out your daily stats.
- Love what you do, and be consistent with your SEO campaigns. Be patient and don’t be obsessed with SEO. Instead, focus on satisfying yourself and your readers with your artistic photos.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer