6 Points To Consider When Copywriting For Panda 2.5
Any self-respecting SEO consultant will know the true value of informative, vibrant content. It seems that Google is placing more importance on this kind of copy now, too. While there has been a lot of speculation surrounding the latest algorithm change from Google HQ, nicknamed ‘Panda 2.5’ by serial bloggers, it seems that the developers behind the search engine are incredibly keen to penalise any sites that could be considered content farms or are seen as completely irrelevant altogether.
This is nothing new, but it seems that if you’re going to step up the pace and stay one step ahead as far as the SERPs are concerned, it may be time to take a step back and remember the bare necessities of good, quality copywriting and their relevance to the modernised Google that we’ve come to both love and hate (depending on your stake in the SEO industry!).
Whether you’re writing for your own site or work as a professional copywriter, here are some points that you may need to bear in mind while writing for today’s contemporary web pages.
- Simplify your aims. If you’re working for a client, speak to them about their mission as a business and look to incorporate two or three key ideas into your main chunks of content. From a human user point of view, consumers don’t want to be put off by a load of waffle and want a concise, clear description of what the particular site is offering. And for the bots, you need to make sure that your intentions are clear, otherwise search engines will have trouble determining the relevancy of your website and it will rank lower as a consequence.
- Choose your keywords carefully as part of an intelligent SEO campaign. And if you’re keeping an eye on your keyword density, aim somewhere between 1.5 – 3.5%. Gone are the days when keyword stuffing went by unnoticed. These numbers aren’t set in stone and it’ll be interesting to see how Google approaches this density figure with regards to future updates.
- Make sure your content and meta data matches up. Eradicate any keywords in your titles, headers and descriptions that might be misleading. Promising users something that you can’t deliver will result in low SERPs!
- Write content that users will want to share amongst themselves. You should already have the main social networks integrated into your page, so make sure that you’re continually writing copy that people will want to read. Now that your content is so readily available, you’re essentially advertising your site every time you write. Take a look at your homepage – is the content written for your audience, about your audience or to benefit your audience? If it does neither of these things it’s time for change. The same principal can be applied to internal pages.
- Make sure that there is more text on your page than HTML code. This is a common error that’s often overlooked by web designers getting ahead of themselves. Although the actual percentage is more or less irrelevant, the amount of HTML on your page will affect load speed, which is an important factor.
- Video has allegedly fared well this time around so look to spice up your text with either an informative presentation or a comedy sketch that emphasises your point – anything that will engage the reader and offer up something a little different from the norm.
SEO consultants are barely getting to grips with one Panda update before another comes along and shakes up the system even further. So what’s the best advice for DIY copywriters? Keep yourself (and your clients) up to date with the latest opinions and suggestions from some of the world’s leading search engine optimisation bloggers and monitor the impact that your modified content is having on your site in the next few weeks or months. If your sites experience a SERP drop, don’t be afraid to re-draft until you start seeing an improvement.
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer