13 Timeless Internet Marketing Strategies That Still Work (And Likely Always Will)
Internet marketing is a science, and an art, that has come of age. There are timeless strategies and tactics that will likely always work. There are those, of course, that are just plain silly or that haven’t been proven. The following 13 Internet marketing strategies are strategies that have been used over and over again by countless thousands of marketers online and that still work and will probably always work:
- Search engine optimization – SEO is the most basic of Internet marketing tactics. There is a reason is still works.
- Pay per click marketing – PPC can usually deliver more immediate results than SEO, but I’d rank it as a very close second to SEO in terms of must-use strategies.
- Blogging – It took a while for blogging to catch on en masse, but now that it has you can add this to your Internet marketing arsenal.
- E-mail marketing – Before there was PPC or blogging, there was e-mail marketing. This timeless strategy has proven itself so many times that it’s not even questionable any more.
- Link building - Link building is usually considered an SEO tactic, but there’s more to link building than simply increasing your search engine optimization benefits. That’s only part of the equation. The other part is finding where the traffic is.
- Guest authoring – Be a guest author on someone else’s website or blog.
- Video marketing – This one is late to the party, but it sure has made a big splash. I think video marketing is the new article marketing.
- Article marketing – Article marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be, but it’s still good.
- Build niche-specific microsites – After you’ve tested your keywords on you main website by building single web pages around them, take your best ones and create a new site around those keywords.
- Directory submissions – Believe it or not, people still do go through online directories. There are some good directories and some bad ones. Stick to the prominent ones that are general in nature and those within your niche. Don’t pay for an upgraded listing unless the directory is well trafficked by people in your niche.
- Forums – Forums are well trafficked and a good forum can send you loads of traffic to your website. This is still one of the best ways to market a Web business.
- Social Networking – Social networking has taken off like a rocket. Sites like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter are great ways to meet people, make connections and promote your website.
- Social bookmarking – Submit your best links to the most popular social bookmarking sites and watch your traffic soar.
Try these 13 Internet marketing strategies. If I’ve left any out, share them here with our readers. What ways do you use to market your products and services online?
United States (US): New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Antonio, San Diego, Dallas, San Jose, Austin, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Columbus, Fort Worth, Indianapolis, Charlotte, Seattle, Denver, Washington, Boston, El Paso, Detroit, Nashville-Davidson, Memphis, Portland, Oklahoma City, Las Vegas, Louisville
United Kingdom (UK): London, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Sheffield, Bradford, Liverpool, Edinburgh, Manchester, Bristol, Kirklees, Fife, Wirral, North Lanarkshire, Wakefield, Cardiff, Dudley, Wigan, East Riding, South Lanarkshire, Coventry, Belfast, Leicester, Sunderland, Sandwell, Doncaster, Stockport, Sefton, Nottingham
Canada: Toronto, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa, Edmonton, Mississauga, North York, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Scarborough, Québec, Hamilton, Brampton, Surrey, Laval, Halifax, Etobicoke, London, Okanagan, Victoria, Windsor, Markham, Oshawa, Gatineau, Vaughan, Kitchener, Longueuil, Burnaby, Ladner, Saskatoon
Australia: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Logan City, Geelong, Hobart, Townsville, Cairns, Toowoomba, Darwin, Rockingham, Launceston, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mandurah, Mackay, Bundaberg, Bunbury, Maitland, Armadale, Rockhampton, Adelaide Hills, South Brisbane, Hervey Bay
Magento eCommerce News
What is this Magento platform all about? Is the sentence, “Magento is the eCommerce technology that is set to live for ages”, correct? Popularity ratio attached with this platform answers this question. Before the year 2008, no developer had ever dreamt of using an eCommerce development platform
Companies offering Magento development solutions have the right to change their policies, but not without notifying their customers about the changes they make in support and maintenance terms and policies. There are several factors that lead to the revision of the policies. This might even affect
Magento is the leading eCommerce platform with multitude of features and benefits. The online market demands Magento websites to get improved exponentially. Meeting the fastest growing online market’s demand, helps businesses to receive desired ROI. Using this platform might be difficult or complex
If you own an online store, this article would help you in making its performance better. There might be several aspects responsible for poor or weak performance of your Magento website. Being an online store owner, you should make sure to get the best out of the Magento solution you paid for.
In the furious eCommerce competition, internet has turned into a platform for several online stores serving customers across the globe. Shopping habits are also changing with the availability of several varieties of products with best deals and discounts. Isn’t it great that to buy desired
With PSD to Magento conversion, web service providers’ offer e-commerce solution with better capabilities and functionalities. In the process of conversion, Magento adds interactivity to your website through the PSD design you provide. Offer a design you wish to implement and professional web
Marketing process holds high priority in business. This year is called “the year of innovative marketing strategies” and video marketing is one of such invention that was added to the inventions’ list. To impress a modern customer is not less than a strong challenge. It is the time your business
“Content”- is not just a word, it’s the major aspect affecting eCommerce industry. The ever changing market trends needs to be addressed. Engaging and interactive is considered the key to getting great visibility among popular search engines. Focusing on the conversion rates, eCommerce giants have
Online stores – simple, cost effective and one–stop-destination for all the shopaholic present around the world. To fulfill the complex requirements of the active shoppers, eCommerce business owners have to continuously monitor the performance of their online stores. Thus, by continuously looking
Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce development platforms trending nowadays. The era of online shopping is the revolution brought by Magento store development concept. Earlier, developing reliable and secure online stores was a tough and tedious task as it required many aspects into
eCommerce stores have made the shopping task simple and easy. There are few steps to take for completing the checkout process successfully. This process is a crucial step for any eCommerce store. Being the final step, it holds ample significance. Purchasing online is the latest shopping trend.
Magento is the open source content management system basically used for building eCommerce websites and applications. There is no doubt that eCommerce websites have been performing well in this world of internet. Building up an online store and managing it well is not at all enough. To get fair
Magento is one of the best eCommerce application development platform that can help web development companies build excellent eCommerce solutions for enterprises seeking customized eCommerce application for the success of their online business. Magento 2 is the latest version of Magento offering
In today’s eCommerce era, Magento is the star with myriads of features for web developers as well as customers. Over time customers, shopping online, have started expecting more from the online stores owned by eCommerce giants. Magento being the perfect platform for building eCommerce store offers
Each year brings something new and beneficial in all aspects of life. eCommerce market is no exception and it can feel these novelties and latest trends that are directly associated with these technologies. With previous year’s trends i.e. personalization, localization, etc. let’s have a closer